INFORMATION

Discussion in 'News' started by Johandrex, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Johandrex

Johandrex Master Wizard
    Staff Member Owner

Long time no see! As you all know, the network doesn't have as many players as it used to have. For this reason there haven't been any income for the last 4 months. But since I've decided that the network will continue to run as long as there's money on the PayPal account it will continue to run. I've also cut a lot of costs the recent week, so the network will be fine for at least another half year + more if there's donations as usual, unless someone decides to chargeback. Keep that in mind, so don't donate recklessly.

I'd also like to thank SockOMG and ItzzAdrian for taking over as owners. If they wouldn't have taken over, the network would have shut down in August. That's because I'm too busy learning programming (I've come quite a bit) and I have lost the interest for Minecraft. SockOMG and ItzzAdrian have done a great job managing the staff, helping the players and checking reports. But they're a bit retarded, so they can't managing plugins, use Linux and so on. Therefore they've wanted me to give permission to the mod ItzzCookiee, who'll be recognized as a developer (even if he's technically a sys-admin). He'll manage the plugins, configurations and so on. He also have plans on adding new servers (minigames), so look forward to that.

MINER: Yes, I've added a coinhive miner on the website in order to tackle the budget problem. I consider it morally wrong and hate when websites utilize users CPU (processor) without notifying them. Which is why there'll be a pop-up every time you visit the website asking for permissions to use a % of your processor. You can either deny or allow this. If you don't want to see the pop-up I'd recommend you to download "uBlock origin" and block it by clicking uBlock origin > Enter element mode picker > Selecting the pop-up. If you however want to support the network without giving money, allow the miner to mine. If you keep the computer on without using it it's just to open the site and let it mine. If you can't see the pop-up, disable your adblock for this website (we don't have any google spying or ads).

The network files moved to a much cheaper dedicated server with a good processor, but less ram and storage. You can see the specs down below from the neofetch command. All servers will continue to run as usual. Except for Towny which have been deleted due to no one playing on it. Fun fact, the server is now running on Debian instead of CentOS since I'm using Ubuntu as my main desktop (it's more familiar to use command-wise).

UPDATE: Here's the towny world files compressed available for download

[​IMG]

#1 Johandrex, Jan 2, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. xKris69

xKris69 Liked
    Helper

wb man we all missed you :D

3. Musical_Cookie

IM DEAD HAHAHAH

4. ItzzAdrian

ItzzAdrian Noticed
    Staff Member Admin

cri :(

Shqdow_, SockOMG and iiBae like this.
  5. iiBae

iiBae Liked
    Staff Member Moderator

HAHAHAHA

6. QuavoTheDog

QuavoTheDog Nobody
    Staff Member Helper

JOH THE SAVAGE LOL

Benjamaxo and iiBae like this.
  7. SockOMG

SockOMG Liked
    Staff Member Admin

wOW I SEE HOW IT IS

true but rood af- so when I'm studying abroad and you electrocute yourself with your fancy computer stuff so badly your heart stops working and Sock is working in a nearby hospital and saves your life we'll SEE who's the retarded one

ItzzAdrian likes this.
  8. Musical_Cookie

9. XXTANNERXX99

XXTANNERXX99 Nobody

Hey can someone please tell me when the new minigames are coming out? I love powercraft.

10. SockOMG

SockOMG Liked
    Staff Member Admin

We’re not sure. There’s a long list of other things that need to be done before we even think about possibly adding mini games so not anytime soon soon.

11. RexTube

RexTube Nobody

Im just happy that you are back again :D I dont play this server anymore bc its boring with only 20 users :C #MakePowercraftgreatagain xD

12. Shqdow_

Shqdow_ Popular

That towny file is big for how little of it was used lmao

13. seal4real

seal4real Nobody

You are the best Server owner in the world we will support you all da way